BARWANI: SACRED HEART CHURCH
The history of mission works in Barwani area dates back to 1922 with the coming of Fr. Charles OFM. Today Barwani occupies a central position in Barella mission, for it is from here the other Bhilala centres like Chikliya, Sendhwa, and Pendarnia were con-tacted. Fr. William Wuellner SVD became the first resident parish priest of Barwani parish. From 1952 to 1970 the Sisters of commu-nity of Lay Missionaries worked in Barwani and they later moved out from there. In 1980 the Sisters of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ (PHJC) joined the parish community.
Dedicated to: Sacred Heart of Jesus
Church Feast:Feast of the Sacred Heart
Grotto Feast:21st November (The grotto had been declared as Pilgrim centre)
Pastor:Fr. Sebastian Kaiparambil
Asst.Pastor :Fr. Stephen Xavier CPPS
Substations:Palvat, Buddi, Ambapani, Dhamnai.