FRANCISCAN SISTERS OF THE PRESENTATION OF MARY (FSPM)
Rev. Fr. Joseph Louis Ravel M.E.P., a French Missionary sowed the seed for the Congregation of Franciscan Sisters of Presentation of Mary on November 21st, 1853, at Karumathampatty(Tamil Nadu). In 1859, the Convent was shifted to Coimbatore. On 6th October 1865, Msgr. De Pomierre, then Vicar Apostolic of Coimbatore, appointed Mother Maria Santha as the first Superior General of the Congregation. The aim of the Congregation is to bear witness to Christ by the service of the neighbour especially through the Christian moral and general education of Inmates and young women, taking care of the orphans, the sick, the aged and the needy. Since1983 the sisters of this congregation are working at Barwaha, Khandwa Diocese.
Mahila Vidya Shram Vihar
St. Mary’s Cathedral Church
Khandwa, M.P.– 450 001