FRANCISCAN CLARIST CONGREGATION (FCC)
The Congregation was started on December 14th, 1888 at Changanacherry. It took its origin from fraternity of territories of the parish of Palai. Their desire for a fuller Franciscan life was responded to by Rev. Dr. Charles Lavigne, then Vicar apostolic of Kottayam, whose paternal solicitude resulted in founding a new off shoot of the Franciscan Family in Kerala- Franciscan Clarist Con-gregation. The essence of the charism of this religious congregation is a life of poverty, humility, hard work and prayer, which originate from a personal love for Crucified Christ. Since 4th August 1991 the s isters of this congregation are working in Khandwa Diocese. St. Alphonsamma Muttathupadath-the first Indian who was cannonized to sainthood belongs to this congregation.
Bhojakhedi Shanti Bhavan
P.O. Bhojakhedi, Via Chegaon Makhan
Khandwa, M.P.-450 773