CONGREGATION OF MOTHER OF CARMEL (CMC)
St. Chavara Kuriakose Elias and Fr. Leopold Boccaro, OCD founded the congregation, which is the first indigenous Religious Congrega-tion for women in 1866 at Koonamavu in Kerala. The Congrega-tion was divided into two the Latin and Syrian rites in 1890. The independent units were directed and patronized by the local Ordi-nary of the respective Diocese. In 1963, all these independent units were amalgamated under one Superior General and Aluva was chosen as the Head Quarters and the Curia Generalizia was estab-lished at Thaikkattukara, Aluva. On 2nd March 1967, the Congre-gation was raised to Pontifical Right under the title of “The Con-gregation of the Mother of Carmel” (CMC). Since 3rd December 1965, the sisters are engaged in educational, medical, pastoral and social work in the Diocese of Khandwa.
Pavanatma Convent, Burhanpur
Pavanatma Convent, Lalbag
Burhanpur, M.P.-450 331
Pandhana Nirmal Bhavan, Pandhana
Khandwa Dt., M.P-450 661
Narmada Nagar Road, Dang, Punasa – 450114